Available to: Students, Faculty, Staff
- See Getting Started, below.
Voice mail allows callers to leave you a personal, secure message when you are unavailable and allows you to access and manage your messages from any phone, anywhere, anytime.
When you can’t answer the phone, callers can leave you a detailed message so you never miss a call. You can retrieve messages from your phone or remotely — from any phone, at any time of day. And you can easily save, forward, reply to, and erase messages.
Faculty and staff:
- Set separate greetings for when you are away from your desk, on the phone, and out of the office for an extended period.
- Access messages and mailbox settings directly from your phone or from any remote location, 24 hours a day.
- Use a web-based portal to customize your options and to set up email delivery of your voice mail messages.
- Dial directly into voice mail to leave a message for someone you know is not available.
- Messages are password-protected.
- Standard voice mail can hold 30 messages. Mailboxes with a larger capacity are available upon request.
- Voice mail can be added to an existing line within one hour of receiving an Internal Service Request (ISR) during business hours.
What to Expect
This service normally will be available 24 by 7 except for standard change windows, as described in IS&T’s standard policies, procedures, and schedules for making changes.
A BU telephone line is required for a voice mailbox.