To immediately forward all your incoming calls to another number:
From the portal:
- Login to the Cisco Self Care Portal at: https://mybuphone.bu.edu/ucmuser/ if you are not on campus you will first need to connect to the BU VPN.
- Enter BU username/Kerberos password (do not include @bu.edu)
- Choose “Call Forwarding” from the left sidebar
- Select the checkbox next to “Forward all calls to:” and choose “Add a new number” from the dropdown menu
- Add your phone number, in the format of 1 + 10-digit phone number
- Click Save
It is recommended that you test call forwarding by placing a call to your BU phone number from another phone.
From your desk phone:
- While on-hook, press the Fwd All softkey.
- Dial any of the following:
- A BU 5-digit extension number
- An external phone number in the format of 1 + 10-digit phone number
- Press the Messages button to direct to voicemail
To deactivate call forwarding, Press the Fwd Off softkey.