IS&T has a site license for Fetch, a FTP (File Transfer Protocol) program for Mac computers that allows you to transfer files between your Mac and other types of computers. For example, you might use FTP software to transfer files between your desktop or notebook computer and SCC, a website, or the mainframe.
- Transfer files efficiently between your personal computer and a remote system.
- Site-licensed Fetch software provides you with a friendly graphical interface to the FTP program.
- To use Fetch, you will need a Mac and access to a remote system, such as the Linux Virtual Lab or the Share Computing Cluster (for Researchers).
- If the remote system or account you are accessing does not allow for anonymous FTP, you will need to have a login and password that work on the remote site.
- IS&T has a site license for Fetch FTP software for Mac, so the BU community can download Fetch for free.
- FTP with Windows use one of the following free FTP clients
- FileZilla – https://filezilla-project.org/download.php?show_all=1
- WinSCP – https://winscp.net/eng/download.php