Use our Interlibrary Loan (ILL) services to request books, book chapters, and journal articles that BU doesn’t own, from libraries around the world, with delivery straight to the STH Library circulation desk. Log in to ILLiad to create and manage your ILL requests.
- ILL is available free to current BU School of Theology students, faculty, and staff.
- Books generally arrive in 1-3 weeks for pickup at the STH Circulation Desk.
- Single article or book chapter scans arrive in 1-2 business days, as PDFs which can be downloaded from ILLiad.
- Return your ILL books by the due date on slip around item. We can try to renew the item, but it is up to the lending institution. You are responsible for fines from the lending library if material is lost, overdue, or damaged.
- All interlibrary loan transactions are subject to U.S. Copyright Law; with ILL scans, we are usually limited to one article scan, one book chapter, or 10% of an item.
BU WorldCat Discovery
Start here first for even easier ILL book requesting! Visit WorldCat Discovery and search for the book you need. Once you find what you need, WorldCat Discovery will tell you if the item is available at any Boston University libraries, Boston Library Consortium libraries, or at any other participating libraries throughout the world. With a couple of clicks, you can request the item right from that page!