The Sargent College Alumni Award Ceremony is rich with history and tradition. Each year, the Sargent Alumni Association presents several awards to recognize outstanding alumni contributions and service to the College. This year’s awards will be presented during Boston University’s Alumni Weekend celebration.
We encourage you to nominate your friends and former classmates for the following awards:
- Dudley Allen Sargent Service Award: recognizes a Sargent College alumnus/a for their meritorious service to the Sargent College Alumni Association.
- Special Recognition Award: for unusual services or contributions of an alumnus/a. It is given to an individual who has made outstanding contributions to humanity beyond their professional responsibilities.
- Twiness Award: to an alumnus/a who has proven themselves worthy of this honor, both from the standpoints of character and professionalism. Through the medium of these two attributes, they stand for the ideal spirit of Sargent College. Recipients of this award have and continue to provide service to Sargent College in an effort to advance the mission of the College. Please note that this award is for alumni accomplishments, not for past leadership while a student.
- Black and Gold Award: honoring any member of the Sargent College Alumni Association who has received the Dudley Allen Sargent Service Award, Special Recognition Award, and Twiness Award; and who is deemed worthy of continued recognition for ongoing contributions to Sargent College and/or the SCAA.
- Emerging Leader Award: recognizes a Sargent College graduate from the last decade who demonstrates innovation and leadership for the purpose of advancing health and rehabilitation sciences.
- Professional Achievement Award: given to an alumnus/a who has translated his or her Sargent experience into practice, resulting in the advancement of health and rehabilitation sciences.
You can submit nominations online using our nomination form or by mail. To nominate by mail, please type your nomination and include the following information:
- Your name, address, phone number, and class year
- Name, address, phone number, and class year of the individual you are nominating
- Name of the award for which are nominating this individual
- Justification for the award: This must include a narrative explaining why the individual has been nominated for the award including specific details and examples demonstrating the individual’s qualifications for the award. Award nominators may also submit copies of publications, newspaper articles, resumes, and other information that can be used to demonstrate the nominee meets the particular award’s criteria.
Nominations can be mailed to:
Alumni Awards Committee
Boston University Sargent College
635 Commonwealth Avenue
Boston, MA 02215
2019 Alumni Award Winners
Our 2019 winners were honored at a ceremony during Alumni Weekend on September 21, 2019. Congratulations to:
- Elizabeth Petitti ‘15
- Joan Bergman ‘54
- Claire McCarthy ’53 ‘68
- Karen Jacobs ‘76
- Linda Duncombe ‘72
- Jeanne O’Brien ‘69
- Betty Woodman ‘49
- Carolyn Cohen ‘65
Contact Sargent College Alumni Relations at 617-353-1815 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.