Become a Faculty Affiliate
The Boston University Global Development Policy Center (GDP Center) is now accepting applications for Affiliate Faculty Members on a rolling basis. The GDP Center is a University-wide center in partnership with the Frederick S. Pardee School of Global Studies and the Vice President and Associate Provost for Research. The mission of the GDP Center is to advance policy-oriented research for financial stability, human well-being and environmental sustainability.
To fulfill the mission, the GDP Center conducts rigorous policy research; provides a convening place for scholars and stakeholders; engages in policy dialogue with policymakers, civil society and media and offers experiential learning for Boston University students. By becoming an Affiliate Faculty Member, BU Faculty can get involved with the GDP Center and provides opportunities for further engagement, such as the exclusive ability to apply for our request for proposals (RFPs). Faculty affiliations with the GDP Center are limited to tenured, tenure-track, research professors, professors of the practice and full-time faculty with unmodified titles across the University.
Benefits for Affiliate Faculty Members:
- Ability to apply for RFP opportunities only available to GDP Center Core and Affiliate Faculty Members.
- Exclusive opportunities for students, including field work funding via the Summer in the Field Fellowship Program.
- Strategic and logistical support for sponsored research activities through the GDP Center.
- Ability to publish, produce and promote working papers and policy briefs on development-related issues.
- Promotion of research and publications on development-related issues via GDP Center communications channels, including web, social media and email.
- Ability to reserve GDP Center conference room and webinar streaming services for events on issues related to development, contingent upon ability.
- Special invitations to engage and participate in Center activities, such as luncheon events, Open Houses and annual lectures.
- Ability to provide feedback on the Center through annual Affiliate Faculty survey.
How to apply:
Interested Faculty should send an email of interest to William Kring, email@example.com, identifying reasons for wishing to become an Affiliate, hopes for benefitting from an affiliation, how candidate’s research fits within the Center’s mission and/or Research Initiatives and a CV.