Our yogi friend Dave is back with a few helpful modifications to some favorite poses if you are working on your flexibility in your practice. So grab some blocks, or perhaps a textbook or some towels, and try these at home!
1) Easy Seat: Place a block under your sit bones to make space for your hips to tilt forward then straighten your back.
2) Pigeon Pose: Place a block under your hip and come up onto your elbows.
3) Halfway Lift: Rest palms on blocks to focus on maintaining a flat back. The added height from the blocks will help in assisting your stretch.
4) Downward Dog: Bend your knees allowing you to focus on elongating and straightening your back.
5) Revolved Triangle Pose: Place hand on block to support you as you focus on elongating your back and gently twisting your spine.