The following was sent to all students in residence on the CRC on Thursday, Feb. 24, 2022 by Residence Life.
Spring recess begins on Saturday, March 5, 2022, and ends on Sunday, March 13, 2022. Residences will remain open throughout the spring recess.
If you wish to remain in your residence for any portion of the spring recess, you must register using this survey by 12 noon, Thursday, March 3, 2022.
Follow this link to the Survey:
Take the Survey
Or copy and paste the URL below into your internet browser:
Please be advised that Residence Life offices are open during the spring recess from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, and 7 p.m. to 10 p.m., seven days a week.
An on-call Resident Assistant (RA) will be available for assistance during spring recess. Contact information for the RA can be found in brownstone vestibules, next to large hall elevators, or via the Security Assistant. Please remember that all residential rules and regulations are in effect during the recess.
Dining services are available during spring recess, but will be limited. Please check the Dining Services website for locations and hours.
BU shuttle service, 1BU (CRC-BUMC), will operate on a limited weekday schedule between March 7 and March 11. Comm Ave Loop and Fenway Express service will not operate the week of March 7. Night and Fenway Local service will not operate from March 5 through March 11. Night and Fenway service will resume on Saturday, March 12. Please remember to use the Terrier Transit app for real time shuttle and MBTA arrivals.
Beginning at 9 a.m., Saturday, March 5, 2022, Residence Life staff will be entering rooms where students have not registered to stay to conduct safety/security checks. If you are traveling for the recess, as a courtesy, share your travel plans with your roommate(s).
If you leave, please take the following pre-departure steps:
- Do not forget your cell phone, medication, travel tickets, passport, and Terrier Card.
- Dispose of items in your accommodation that may spoil in your absence (empty kitchen cabinets, refrigerator/Micro-Fridge, etc.)
- Throw out all trash and recycle your recyclables.
- Please make sure water faucets are off within your accommodation.
- Keep the heat on!
- Turn off your lights to conserve electricity.
- Close and lock all windows. Draw shades.
- Lock all doors in your apartment or suite.
- Most importantly, do not forget your keys!
If you stay in residence for any portion of the spring break, please employ the following security measures:
- Be sure your apartment/suite/room doors are locked at all times.
- Do not prop doors.
- Do not open your door unless you can positively identify the person at the door.
- Campus will be fairly quiet. You should avoid walking alone, especially late at night. Please note the Scarlet Safe Walk does not operate during spring break.
- Report any suspicious behavior to Boston University Police at 617-353-2121.
COVID 19 Compliance and BU Healthway:
If you are in residence during the spring recess, please be aware you must remain in compliance with COVID testing. If you travel away from campus, we advise testing immediately upon return to campus and stay-in-place until you receive a negative result. You do not need to submit a cadence change form if you are leaving for spring recess.
When making your plans for the end of the year, please keep the following important dates in mind:
- The last night for overnight guests is Thursday, May 3, 2022.
- 24-hour quiet hours begin at 5 p.m., Wednesday, May 4, 2022.
- Final exams begin on Monday, May 9, 2022.
- Final exams end on Friday, May 13, 2022.
- Residence dining services end with dinner on Friday, May 13, 2022.
- Residences close for everyone, except those graduating, at 10 a.m., Saturday, May 14, 2022.
- Residences close for those graduating at 10 a.m., Monday, May 23, 2022.
If you have any questions, please contact your Residence Life office.
Have a wonderful spring recess!