Turnitin Draft Coach For Google Docs
TURNITIN DRAFT COACH FOR GOOGLE DOCS
Introducing Turnitin Draft Coach™
Turnitin Draft Coach is a plagiarism tool that provides students instant formative feedback by running Turnitin’s similarity reports in students’ Google Docs. Draft Coach can help students avoid unintentional plagiarism by providing insights on text matches, instant feedback on citations and references and assisting students in properly crediting sources. This can help develop more independent learners and confident writers by addressing similarity and citation issues early in the writing process.
To access the tool, login to Google docs using your BU id and password. A BU Google Apps account is provisioned to all incoming students.
- Open your Google Doc on which you want to run the report.
- On your Google Doc, select Add-Ons, Turnitin Draft Coach, and then Turnitin Draft Coach again from the top menu bar.
- A sidebar will open on the right. To use Turnitin Draft Coach, check the box in front of “I agree to the terms and conditions.” Choose Continue to Draft Coach.
- When a paper has been typed and is ready to be checked, choose “Go to Similarity ⇒ “on the right. The next page will display. Choose Run Similarity Check.
- Wait for the similarity report to give the results. The results will show the percentage in the Turnitin panel on the right. Clicking on the individual results will show where the information was found.
- The Citations tab can be used to check Citations. This will display any issues seen
Read the Turnitin Draft Coach FAQ
If you need additional information or want to speak with an Educational Technologist,reach out via email@example.com .
About the Author: Maria consults and assists BU faculty on appropriate technological tools best suited to meet their learning objectives. She offers training and support on a variety of platforms such as Digication, Turnitin Feedback Studio, Adobe’s Creative Cloud and others.