Project Management Professional
Free Non-credit course for Boston University MET students.
This course facilitates self-study preparation for PMI’s certification exam: Project Management Professional (PMP). Each attendee has an opportunity to:
- Create a baseline plan and assessment of test readiness (are you eligible for the PMP? Maybe the correct path for you is CAPM
- A complete review of the processes in PMI’s Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)
- Mentoring for your personal study strategies.
- Student Membership assistance in case you did not acquire the membership during your course of study at Boston University.
The first session is face-to-face with online option for distance education students, however, the subsequent sessions are online only. We will be using Zoom. Some of the videos archived from a previous session will be available to you as well.
Course Session Schedule:
- Session 1: Overview and applications/Initiation Phase
- Session 2: Planning/Execution Phase
- Session 3: Continue Planning/Execution
- Session 4: Monitoring & Controlling
- Session 5: Closing & Wrap-Up
- Session 6: Exam questions
* Note: All times are Eastern Time Zone – Noon to 1 PM
- PMBOK Guide
- Available books on PMP at http://www.bu.edu/library
Register by sending an email of interest to the Professor Kanabar. The course is offered twice a year in June and December.
Please Note: This course is not the same as the paid “PMP Boot Camp”. Professor Kanabar will provide more details of the paid version during his course. Or, you may visit http://professional.bu.edu/programs/pmp-acp/ to research it now.
Professional Development Units (PDUs)
Students may earn 45 PDUs for each of the following courses to be applied towards a PMI certification:
- MET CS 632 IT Project Management
- MET CS 633 Software Quality, Testing and Security Management
- MET CS 634 Agile Software Development
- MET CS 783 Enterprise Architecture