CS accounts are available to all students who are taking CS classes through the College and Graduate School of Arts & Sciences, and students majoring or minoring in computer science.
Students currently enrolled in a course or degree program with the CAS Computer Science Department can activate a user account for the CS departmental systems. If you encounter any error messages, please follow the instructions below:
- Error: “IPclient different from previous ipclient in this session”
- Solution: Try again using the private browsing or incognito mode of your browser.
- Error: “Your current status at BU does not match with the configuration host ‘cs’”
- Solution: This generally means that the Registrar does not show you enrolled in a CS course or CS degree program. There are two main situations where this happens. First, there is a slight delay in the Registrar updating this data in the account creation system (usually within 24 hours, but sometimes as long as 48 hours) so if you just recently added a CS course or degree it may not yet appear in the data used by the account creation system. If you’re not in a hurry, try waiting until the next day, and then try again. The second situation is if you are auditing the course, if you are a BU staff member, or if you are an Evergreen student. If this is the case, or if you added the class very recently and can’t wait 24 hours, please ask your course instructor to send email to email@example.com confirming your participation in the course and requesting manual approval of your account.
- Error: “The last name and BU ID number you entered do not correspond to any known database entry.”
- Solution: Make sure you are entering your entire BUID number, including the “U” at the beginning. Make sure the name you are entering is your family name, not your personal given name.
- Error: “The Computing Resource database is currently locked read-only for routine maintenance. Please try your request again later.”
- Solution: This can happen during IS&T maintenance periods, typically between 2AM-6AM Eastern Time. Please try again after 6AM Eastern Time.
If you encounter another error not listed above, or if the suggested solutions don’t work, please take a screenshot and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org along with any other information that may be relevant to your situation.