Health & Fitness
A healthy body and healthy mind are intertwined. Multiply that by hundreds of thousands and you have a vibrant and vital community with unlimited potential. Supporting Special Olympians, providing health care for people experiencing homelessness, and offering access to free or low-cost physical activities are just a few of the efforts we’re engaged in.
- Through Smart Smiles, BU’s Goldman School of Dental Medicine provides dental health education and important oral screenings for thousands of second graders in 29 Boston public elementary schools.
- The Immigrant & Refugee Health Program cares for the medical, psychological, legal, and social needs of over 500 clients in the community from over 50 countries. 617-414-5951
- At our Patient Treatment Center, dental students and supervising faculty provide affordable, high-quality dental treatment to local residents. 617-638-4700
- Since 2012, 100 local youths are awarded BU athletic camp scholarships each year. 617-353-9095
- With the Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program, BU is helping develop strategic planning for funding for medical care for Boston’s homeless population. 857-654-1000
- The University provides oral health screenings and referrals for children enrolled in ABCD Early Head Start Centers throughout Boston neighborhoods.
- Healthy Athletes Special Smiles Initiative volunteers provide free dental screenings to the Olympians at the Special Olympics Massachusetts games.
- Through the Ryan White CARE Act, BU’s dental school gives treatment and other services to patients with HIV and AIDS.
- BU’s Partnership in Health & Housing works to improve the health and well-being of residents in public housing.