The Office of the Controller is responsible for maintaining the accounting records of the University, providing accurate and timely financial reporting, and ensuring the protection of University assets by establishing and maintaining adequate internal controls. The departments within the Office of the Controller are Cashier Services, Collections, General Accounting, Payroll, Student Accounting Services, Student Loan Accounting. and Research Financial Operations which includes Miscellaneous Receivables, and Property Management.
Please visit the Controller Resources page for all Fiscal Year End details. The link below will navigate you directly to the section for the Fiscal Year Closing.
In an effort to serve you better, all general inquiries should be submitted through our Customer Service Portal. If you would prefer to connect by phone, please call 617-353-2290 during normal business hours (Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm); or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click on the following link to view the Frequently Asked Questions about Paperless Pay Stubs and Payroll Direct Deposit.
Quick links to our most requested forms and resources.
- Boston University Consolidated Financial Report Fiscal Year 2023
- Massachusetts ST-2 Tax Exemption Form for Boston University (Primary)
- Massachusetts ST-5 Tax Exemption Form for Boston University (Secondary)
- Boston University W-9 2023
- Year End Closing Memo 2023
- After-the-Fact Review of Financial Transactions – University Memorandum
- Restricted Fund Training
- Cost Recovery Rates
- Form Supply
- Student Accounting Services