MSD in Periodontology
This 12-month program is comprised of a research project that emphasizes the sciences essential to understanding the principles of clinical periodontology. The research project is conducted with a periodontal faculty research advisor. With the assistance of the research mentor, students will select didactic courses that support the research project.
- SDM OB 763 Basic Processes in Oral Biology
- SDM OB 830 Research Writing
- SDM PE 800 Histology & Embryology of the Periodontium
- SDM PE 991 Research: Periodontology
- SDM PH 763 Bioethics and Law
- SDM PH 800 Introduction to Biostatistics/Epidemiology
Completion is not tracked by credit accumulation but by successful completion of individual courses and duration requirements.
CAGS in Periodontology/MSD in Periodontology
This 36-month program combines the clinical certificate in periodontology with the master’s research project. The MSD in Periodontology requirements are completed in conjunction with the CAGS in Periodontology requirements. The certificate and degree are awarded upon completion of both clinical and research requirements.