IS&T offers a variety of printing services to the BU community. Through our MyPrint system, we provide general network printing to central printers at the Mugar Memorial Library and other locations. We offer printing services from the administrative mainframe computer to central or local printers. We recommend and support the Ricoh Aficio line of Energy Star rated copiers for departments that want to lease a copier with networked based printing and scanning capabilities.
Students, Faculty, Researchers, Staff, Departments, Guests
Large, institutional printers are more efficient and cost-effective than smaller printers, especially for larger print jobs. Save paper, toner, and money by using our print services. The MyPrint system allows you to send print jobs to various locations and to monitor your use of printing resources. Mainframe printing options offer convenience and flexibility, including ways to view reports online or print them to a file rather than to paper.
- Save on paper and toner.
- Print from any computer on the BU campus network or connected through the VPN.
- Choose from a number of MyPrint locations around the BU Charles River Campus.
- Requirements vary depending on the printing service you are using. See the individual overviews for each printing service for more information.
- For MyPrint, there is a charge of $0.08 for each sheet printed after your initial allotment. See the MyPrint overview for more information.
- See the MyPrint overview and Using MyPrint to learn about network printing to our central printers at the Mugar Memorial Library and to printers in other locations, including the residences. Some departments also provide restricted access to their printers through MyPrint; see your local systems administrator for details.
- If you use the mainframe, see Mainframe Local Printing and Mainframe Central Printing.
- If you’re considering purchasing or leasing a departmental copier with printing and scanning capabilities, IS&T and BU Sourcing & Procurement recommend the Ricoh Alficio line of copiers.
- To learn more about how your department can save money and the environment by using less paper and toner, see Sustainable Department Printing and Mainframe Online Report Viewing.