||E-mail is an essential means of communication at BU and in the larger academic community. On an average day, our mail systems process over half a million messages. We currently offer new BU e-mail accounts on BU Google Apps and Exchange.
||Students, Faculty, Researchers, Staff, Departments, Guests
||With a BU e-mail account, you’ll enjoy full e-mail services including an inbox, disk space for e-mail folders or file storage, auto-reply features, access to webmail, e-mail support for popular desktop clients and mobile devices, and more. If you prefer, you can forward your BU e-mail to an existing account outside BU.
- BU Google Apps – Those with a BU Google Apps account can access their BU e-mail through the Mail interface that comes as a component of Google Apps. In addition to Mail, the Google Apps account also provides access to Google Sites, Google Calendar, Google Drive and a variety of Google Gadgets, all linked through www.bu.edu/google.
- Exchange – Faculty and staff will be provisioned with e-mail accounts on the University’s Microsoft Exchange server, providing them with a broad range of messaging features and tools for work collaboration. Some students in specific academic programs are also provided with Exchange accounts, as determined by the program administrator.
- Must have a BU ID number
- Must have a current and active status with the University, determined and verified by Human Resources or the Registrar
- Must read and agree to the Conditions of Use and Policy on Computing Ethics
- Non-BU affiliates who are not eligible through HR or the Registrar can apply for a sponsored Guest Account.