We know that even after you leave us, you still need access to professional literature and resources available at BU to support your career. We’ve got that covered, too!
All Boston University alumni are welcome to borrow circulating library materials in-person from any BU Library, including the BU School of Theology Library. This borrowing privilege lasts a lifetime. Once your account has been set up, you are able to borrow books for 28 days at a time, with up to two renewals, unless the item is recalled.
To set up an Alumni borrowing account, please present a valid photo ID and an alumni card at the School of Theology Library Circulation Desk. Alumni cards can be printed online from the benefits page of the Alumni section of the BU website.
• BU Libraries Search to find books, articles, and other resources.
• View Your Library Account and Renew Books with your BU ID and password
• Check out the School of Theology Library’s engage page for latest events and outreach.
Within the School of Theology Library, we have computers using Apple, Windows, and Linux operating systems for use; two in the Library Instruction Room have access to Bibleworks and Accordance software. We offer free scanning stations that send documents directly to your email or Google Drive. Within our library, alumni have access to these resources and all resources current students have– see the circulation desk for information!
Even from home, BU alumni have access to countless resources to assist, including:
• Search our catalog for available books and articles and read our online e-books from your computer!
• Mugar Library has a page dedicated to the other databases you have access to as a BU Alumni.
• When you leave, you don’t lose access to your citations via RefWorks for Alumni!
• Check out our digitization project of motive Magazine!
• Support the Library and help us support the BU School of Theology community.