Makes 6 servings
2 mangoes, peeled & chopped
18 oz raw shrimp
2 cups whole wheat couscous, dry
3 cups low sodium vegetable broth
16 oz black beans, rinsed & drained
1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
16 oz cherry tomatoes, halved
16 oz zucchini & summer squash, cut diagonally
1 teaspoon ground coriander seeds
Non-stick cooking spray
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
½ cup fresh lime juice
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon chili powder
½ cup fresh chopped scallions
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1. Combine ingredients for Zesty Citrus Dressing in blender. Set aside.
2. Prepare couscous according to directions, using vegetable broth as liquid.
3. Toss couscous, cilantro and black beans together.
4. Spray shrimp and squashes with non-stick spray and toss with coriander. Grill and cool.
5. Serve couscous mixture topped with mango and shrimp, with squashes and tomatoes on side.
6. Chill if desired.
7. Serve with dressing drizzled over.
8. Add a glass of skim or soy milk for a complete meal!
Serving Size = 1 cup couscous, 1 cup vegetables, 3 shrimp
Saturated Fat: 1.5g
*Special thanks to Dietetic Intern Jackie Ballou & Executive Chef Chris Bee for creating this delicious recipe!