Sargent Choice Healthy Dining Program
The Sargent Choice Healthy Dining Program is a collaboration between Sargent College and BU Dining Services designed to enhance, expand and promote healthy food options at BU by:
- Offering a variety of delicious foods, including pizzas, chili, grill sandwiches, and salads designed to appeal to a wide range of individuals;
- Providing foods at convenient locations across campus, and making it easy to find foods through logo identification;
- Creating recipes that follow comprehensive, evidence-based, diet recommendations, which promote health and reduce the risk of chronic diseases linked to poor diet.
Our goal is to positively influence the food preferences and therefore health of an entire community by offering these attractive, varied, convenient and nutritious food options.
Sargent Choice Nutrition Center Involvement
We are proud to be a part of the Sargent Choice Healthy Dining Program team, overseeing the following aspects of the program:
- Training of dining managers and foodservice personnel regarding nutrition principles, plate presentation, and serving guidelines.
- Menu and recipe expansion involving research, nutrient analysis, modification to meet nutrition criteria, and taste testing.
- Consumer education and outreach involving the creation and execution of marketing campaigns, and the development of an interactive web site.
Visit www.bu.edu/sargentchoice for more information.
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or feedback.