BU Law: Goodwin Procter LLP - 1L Event

  • Starts: 4:00 pm on Tuesday, February 11, 2014
  • Ends: 5:15 pm on Tuesday, February 11, 2014
Please RSVP to Lindsey Boyle, Legal Recruitment Specialist by Friday, February 7: LJBoyle@goodwinprocter.com Please join Goodwin Procter attorneys as they discuss the Hasbro deal and our Gaming incubator. Hasbro deal: In July we represented Hasbro in its in its $112 million acquisition of a majority interest (70%) in Backflip Studios, LLC, a mobile game developer based in Boulder, Colorado, with the option to purchase the remaining 30% in the future contingent upon if Backflip achieves certain predetermined financial performance metrics. Hasbro, headquartered in Pawtucket, RI, is one of the largest toy makers in the world. Toys and games include: Scrabble, Monopoly, Transformers and Magic: The Gathering. Backflip, founded in 2009 and headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, has become one of the fastest and most profitable mobile game development studios. Gaming, Gambling and Sweepstakes Incubator: Goodwin’s Gaming, Gambling & Sweepstakes practice includes nearly 50 attorneys from both the business and trial law departments in Boston, Washington, D.C., Silicon Valley and New York. This collaborative, interdisciplinary approach fosters maximum client support in the fast-paced areas of gaming, gambling and sweepstakes law, including: the changing landscape for online real-money gaming (e.g., poker), challenges to the federal law precluding sports betting in most jurisdictions; the emerging regulatory process for clients seeking brick and mortar casino and slot parlor licenses, and use of offline and online sweepstakes, contests and promotions. Presenters: Steve Charkoudian, partner and chair of Goodwin Procter’s Technology Transactions Practice and a member of the firm’s Technology Companies Group. Bob Crawford, counsel in Goodwin Procter’s Technology Transactions Practice and Technology Companies Group, and co-chair of the firm’s Gaming, Gambling and Sweepstakes practice. Achal Oza, associate in Goodwin Procter’s Technology Transactions Practice and Technology Companies Group.
Barristers Hall

Back to Calendar