Procedures for requesting routine maintenance or trades services are slightly different for students, faculty/staff, and tenants of rental properties.
To request or schedule routine services please select:
In an emergency, at night or on weekends call: 617-353-2105
The Operations & Services Center is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to assist you.
What constitutes an “emergency”?
Situations that jeopardize life or public safety, or that render your room, office, or classroom unlivable, such as:
- Power outage
- Roof or ceiling leak
- Too hot/too cold indoors, and/or unusual noise or odor from heating/cooling vents
- Toilet stopped/overflowing
- Broken lock/lock-out
- Broken window or door
What’s not an emergency?
Unpleasant or inconvenient situations that are not life-threatening are considered routine and will be handled during regular business hours. See Request Services for issues such as:
- Repair or replacement of paint, plaster, floor coverings, or window treatments
- Replacement of light bulbs in installed light fixtures (where public safety is not in jeopardy)
- Repair of broken furniture
- Requests to move furniture or equipment
- Access to someone else’s room or office. (In fact, this is neither a routine nor an emergency service, because we can never provide access to a room or office that is not your own. You must obtain a key from the person who has promised you access.)