How to apply
You can apply to our graduate program using the Graduate School of Arts & Sciences (GRS) online application. Do not send any application materials to the Department of Earth & Environment.
In addition to completing the online application, we also require:
- an official copy of your GRE scores
- an official copy of your TOEFL scores (international students only*)
- official transcripts from any university of college you have previously attended
- three letters of recommendation
- personal statement
- writing sample (only if applying for a degree in Geography & Environment)
*You do not need to submit a TOEFL if you graduated from a college or university in the U.S., Canada, Australia, Ireland, the United Kingdom, or New Zealand.
All application materials, including letters or recommendation, must be sent directly to GRS, not to the department. For more information on the University’s admission requirements, please visit the GRS website.
- For Fall Semester admissions, applications are due by January 15
- For Spring Semester admissions, applications are due by November 15
To be considered for financial aid, you must submit your application by January 15.