Government & Community Affairs
What difference does Boston University make?
- Over $37.5 million in payments and services to the City of Boston in FY2012.
- $1.12 billion of economic impact to Boston in FY2011.
- Over $100 million in scholarships to local students since 2003.
- Because of the University, nearly 27,000 Massachusetts residents are employed.
- Each year, 1,000 Boston Public School students discover a new way to embrace reading.
- BU paid over $2.1 million to support the Town of Brookline in FY2013.
- Thousands of seniors and children are healthier thanks to our care.
- BU contributed $3.9 million to improving Kenmore Square and over $13 million for improvements to Commonwealth Avenue.
- 70,000 kids considered a career in the sciences because of CityLab.
- Over 4,500 BU volunteers contributed nearly 130,000 hours of service to the community through our Community Service Center during the 2010-2011 academic year.