Chemical Education and Theoretical Physical Chemistry
Office: SCI 270B
Office hours: By appointment
- Ph.D. in Theoretical Physical Chemistry, New York University, New York, 2008
- M.S in Organic Chemistry, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 2003
- B.S. in Chemistry, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 2001
- Metcalf Award for Excellence in Teaching (May, 2015)
- Templeton Prize for Excellence in Student Advising (May 2010)
- Sokol Fellow, 2007
- CH101/102 – General Chemistry
- CH109/110 – General and Quantitative Analytical Chemistry Lab
- CH111/112 – Intensive General and Quantitative Analytical Chemistry Lab
- CH201 – Quantitative Analytical Chemistry Lab
The Abrams group is focuses on developing novel approaches to teaching introductory chemistry that excite students across disciplines. Recent projects include the development of the Boston University Chemical Writing Program (BUCWP), the LA program, out-of-class activities to strengthen visual models for quantum concepts, and more.
Additionally, students in the Abrams group study biomimetic oligomers (foldamers) using molecular dynamics simulations.