Theoretical Physical Chemistry and Chemical Education
Office: SCI 270B
Office hours: By appointment
- Ph.D. in Theoretical Physical Chemistry, New York University, New York, 2008
- M.S in Organic Chemistry, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 2003
- B.S. in Chemistry, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 2001
- 2009/2010 Templeton Prize for Excellence in Student Advising
- Sokol Fellow, 2007
- CH101/102 – General Chemistry
- CH109/110 – General and Quantitative Analytical Chemistry Lab
- CH111/112 – Intensive General and Quantitative Analytical Chemistry Lab
- CH201 – Quantitative Analytical Chemistry Lab
Molecular dynamics with a focus on the development and application of novel free energy calculation methodologies. Recent work has focused on the development of the Adiabatic Free Energy Dynamics set of approaches with the Tuckerman group at NYU and the study of the conformation preferences of small proteins using molecular dynamics.
Additionally, the Abrams group is involved in research in the area of chemical education. Recent work has been focused on the development of a freshmen-year analytical chemistry lab alternative to the honors freshmen chemistry lab.