I have a visitor coming from outside the United States. How do I mail them their payment?
Checks cannot be sent to a non-US address via Concur; currently the work-around is to enter the check recipients name in the Check Payee section of the report header, and populate the address with your departmental address. Once the check is received by the department it can then be mailed to the address that was provided by the guest.
When will I be reimbursed for a business expense or trip?
- You cannot submit your expenses until after the trip or event has taken place. For this reason, frequent travelers should talk to their department about applying for a travel card. Infrequent travelers should consult with their department prior to booking travel to see if there is a cardholder available to assist with booking; whenever possible a travel card should be used. Once you have submitted your expense report, the timeline is as follows:
- If you have signed up for Direct Deposit, payment will be released the morning after your receive the email from Concur that says payment has been sent.
- Checks will be mailed from the Boston University Printing Facility on the Friday following when you receive the email from Concur that says payment has been sent.
How do I reimburse a student or guest outside the US via wire transfer?
- Wire transfers must be prepared on the paper expense report form (Wire transfers Form) and sent to Travel Services at 25 Buick Street along with all of the itemized receipts. The home address of the guest and the currency type must be noted, along with the bank name, account number, routing number, and swift code of the bank the wire will be processed to.
- A copy of a cancelled check or deposit slip must be included; a copy of their Visa is required for non-US Citizens.
- A wire transfer will not be processed for guests inside of the US.
- Once you have gathered all of the above information, please submit this information securely to Allison Lambert through Data Motion. Travel reimbursement wire requests submitted through the VPFA Service Now portal will no longer be accepted, for security purposes. If you are not currently set up in Data Motion, you can sign up here: https://www.bu.edu/tech/services/cccs/email/datamotion/using/
How will I be reimbursed?
All employees will receive a check once they receive the email telling them their report has been sent for payment- unless you have specifically signed up for direct deposit for expense reimbursements
How do I sign up for expense reimbursement direct deposit?
Please refer to How to Sign up for Direct Deposit for Expense Reimbursements
I received an email that my expense report was sent for payment a long time ago but I haven't received the check; how do I request a reissue?
You will receive an email notifying you that your report has been sent for payment. Once you have received this email, you can then refer to This QRG to find the approved report, and this QRG to find the report key. Check reissues must be requested through Accounts Payable at this link: select Open New Case, then Accounts Payable, and then Check Reissue Request. You will need to know the Report Key or the Check number in order to request a reissue.
How do I handle a 3rd party reimbursement for expenses that were already submitted in Concur, or for Travel card transactions that still haven't been submitted?
The 3rd party reimbursement check (or a personal check from the employee, if the reimbursement was disbursed to the employee via direct deposit) should be directed to the Cashiers office to be processed once the department has prepared as a cash credit voucher. Expenses should be submitted through Concur as normal (not marked as personal) and the check will be processed to reimburse the cost object being charged. This process is not affected by or related to any Concur activity; employee’s cannot and should not disregard timely reporting policy while waiting for a 3rd party reimbursement.
What if I lost my receipt?
If you are working on your own report in Concur, simply hit “attach receipt” as you normally would, and there will be a small blue link that says Create a Missing Receipt Affidavit. Select that link and follow the prompts- the system will generate an affidavit (expenses less than $25 do not require a receipt, so this option will not be available unless your expense is $25 or greater- personal expenses will also not require a receipt. Concur will notify you if your expense requires a receipt with a small yellow icon to the left of the expense.)
If you are an expense delegate working on a report for someone else, please use This Form and upload in lieu of the receipt
I have submitted my expense report in Concur- how can I check the status of my reimbursement?
There are three steps to tracking your expense report and determining when you will be reimbursed.
1. Determine the status of your expense report by following along with this QRG: Checking the Status of Your Expense Report
2. Determine the Report Key of your report if it has been sent for payment by first following along with this QRG: How to Find Reports Sent for Payment and then this QRG if necessary:
How to Find the Report Key
3. Submit a Reimbursement Status Request here
If you are an approver trying to determine if a report you have already approved has been sent for payment and the reimbursement received, please follow along with this QRG: How to Find and Track an Approved Report
Is Relocation or House Hunting reimbursable?
Yes, however there are potential tax implications. Please review the Taxable Relocation Expenses document under the Policy section of the website.
I received a reimbursement I was not owed- what should I do?
Please submit a ticket on the VPFA Customer Service Portal