Throughout TechWeb, you will find information on using email programs, Web browsers, anti-virus programs, and various other applications on your Windows computer. This area is for information about the Windows environment itself.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader - Open PDF files.
- Cisco VPN Software - Connect to the BU network from anywhere.
- Putty - SSH software for accessing servers through a terminal.
- FTP Software - Copy files to and from servers.
- How to change your Administrator password in Windows XP and Windows 2000
- Visit our Virus Protection & Security page for even more information about Windows security.
- Learn about file extensions: how to view and change that .doc or .exe on the end of your file name
- Windows tips on external sites:
- How to resolve a duplicate name on the network error in...
- Vista: Follow these instructions, provided by an external site, to change your computer name to something more unique
- Right click on My Computer.
- Click on Properties.
- Click on the Computer Name tab and and change your computer name to something more unique