Available to: Students, Faculty, Researchers, Staff
Cost: No charge
- See Getting Started, below.
Environmental Health & Safety Management is used by Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) for management of enterprise safety, regulatory compliance, and training. This service, provided by BioRAFT the EHS mission to provide a safe environment for students, employees, faculty, and staff as well as patients and others visiting our facilities, and to help ensure compliance with federal, state, and local codes and regulations.
Environmental Health & Safety Management provides a comprehensive system for managing information about health and safety on campus, to promote the well-being of our community, and ensure compliance with BU policies and government regulations. As a comprehensive system, it reduces administrative burden for users including both researchers and EHS staff.
- Platform Module
- Group and role management
- Lab and researcher profiles
- Building management
- Equipment Module
- Organization of research and safety equipment
- Reports by equipment type, certification dates, and space it resides
- Inspections Module
- Guide and document inspections performed by EHS
- Ability to perform self-inspections of spaces
- Manage follow up actions
- Training Module
- Access to all EHS trainings
- Training compliance management within BioRAFT
- Radioisotope Module
- Manage information about authorization to use radioisotopes
- Manage Radioisotope inventory
- Chemical Module
- Manage laboratory chemical inventory
- Online access to Safety Data Sheets (SDS) in BioRAFT
What to Expect
This service normally will be available 24 by 7 except for Environmental Health & Safety Management's weekly maintenance window, Wednesday night beginning at 10:00 PM Eastern Time to Thursday morning at 6:00 AM Eastern Time.
- BU login name and Kerberos password
Login to your BioRAFT profile using the following link: bu.bioraft.com
Any issues with logging in contact EHS via email firstname.lastname@example.org