Available to: Students, Faculty, Researchers, Staff, Departments, Guests
Cost: No charge
- See Getting Started, below.
Animal Care & Use Information Systems supports the submission, review and approval of research protocols that have a direct impact on the well-being of animals and therefore are subject to approval of the Institutional Animal Care & Use Committee (IACUC).
Animal Care & Use Information Systems replaces the system previously used at the Boston University Medical Campus (INSPIR) and will be a new system for the Charles River Campus, which previously relied on paper protocol submissions.
Animal Care & Use Information Systems provides one system for both the Charles River and Medical Campus IACUC processes. It increases ease of use and satisfaction of the researchers during the submission and lifecycle of their protocols by providing increased visibility for researchers as to the status of their protocols and animals and increased visibility of the University’s animal research for the Animal Welfare Program.
- Principal Investigators can submit animal protocol applications electronically
- Principal Investigators are able to see the current status of their protocol application (or approved protocol)
- Principal Investigators receive automated notification when actions – such as renewal of their protocols – are needed
- Institutional Animal Care & Use Committee (IACUC) members can review protocols to which they are assigned
- Animal Welfare Program (AWP) can more easily manage and report on research activities involving animals; this will help the University remain compliant with all relevant regulations
What to Expect
This service will be available 24 by 7 except for standard change windows, which occur on the third Saturday of every month from 6:30 pm until 12:30 am Eastern Time and weekly on Sundays from 2:00 am until 3:00 am (Eastern Time).
- BU login name and Kerberos password
- Login to your Animal Care & Use Information Systems account by visiting iacuc.bu.edu
- If you are a Principal Investigator submitting your first IACUC protocol through Boston University, you must request PI access by sending email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are a researcher and need access to you lab’s information, your Principal Investigator must add you to his or her research team (this is done within the Animal Care & Use Information System).
- If you have issues logging in please contact the Animal Welfare Program AWP) via email: email@example.com