WBUR CitySpace at The Lavine Broadcast Center is a state-of-the-art multimedia venue located on Boston University's campus. Convening leaders in all fields for an array of events- readings, interviews, debates, panels, podcasts, performances, theater, comedy- WBUR CitySpace is the destination to be inspired, entertained, and educated.
Materials and Resources
- Sustainable waste management strategies reduce the overall footprint of materials and resources.
- The materials are more environmentally, economically, and socially preferable.
- 79% of construction waste diverted from landfill through recovery and recycling.
Indoor Environmental Quality
- Incorporates indoor air quality control strategies, low-emitting materials, and daylighting to provide a healthy indoor environment.
- Ventilation strategies improve indoor air quality and ensure that safe and clean air enters the building.
- Low-emitting building materials reduce the sources of harmful indoor-air contaminants.
- Thermal comfort control and ample daylight improves indoor comfort.
- Water use is reduced by 25% from base building code requirements.
- Low-flow toilets, urinals, and faucets increase water efficiency while decreasing the burden on municipal water supply and wastewater systems.
Environment and Atmosphere
- Energy use is reduced by 25% from base building code requirements.
Location and Transportation
- Located in a dense neighborhood, conveniently located to transit and bikeshare.
890 Commonwealth Avenue, Brookline 02215
LEED Rating: Gold
Total Building Area: 8,700 sf.
Architect: Cambridge Seven Associates
Acoustical Design: Acentech Engineers
Structural Engineers: Goldstein-Milano LLC
General Contractor: Lee Kennedy Co.
Visit Campus Planning & Operations to learn more