The MSW application is open now!
Find important information and deadlines below and on our MSW Admissions webpages.
Important Notes: Read Before Applying
- Applicants are encouraged to use a Gmail account when creating an application to ensure that you receive all emails regarding application status updates, admission decisions, and other important communications.
- Once you are enrolled in a program, you cannot switch tracks (ex. Traditional Track to Human Service Experience Track). If you would like to switch tracks, this must be done during the application phase and prior to the application deadline. Additionally, you cannot transfer to another campus or program (ex. Charles River Campus to Online Program) to switch tracks once enrolled in a program.
- Applicants may apply for only ONE campus per application cycle.
- If you have applied and were not accepted, you must wait one year to reapply to any of our campuses or programs, including the Online MSW Program.
- Advanced Standing applicants: Applicants who are currently in their senior year of a Bachelor of Social Work program and completing their field internship must submit a mid-year field evaluation with their application or as soon as it becomes available. Your acceptance is conditional upon receiving your final field evaluation. If you are doing a block placement and do not have a mid-year evaluation yet, please email email@example.com for instructions on what to submit with your advanced standing application.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-833-255-8970 for assistance or questions.
MSW Application Deadlines
On-Campus Program – Charles River (Boston) Campus
The application for Fall 2022 entry to our Online MSW Program is currently accepting applications. Apply here.
- Fall Priority Deadline: June 1, 2022
The online program accepts students three times a year. Students can apply to begin the online program in the spring (January), summer (May), or fall (September) semester. Applicants to our Online MSW Program Priority Deadline may request an application fee wavier prior to submitting an application. To request a fee waiver please email email@example.com before the application deadline.
Learn More: Online MSW Program ∗ Application Portal
Off-Campus Programs – Bedford, Cape Cod & Fall River
The application for our Off-Campus MSW Programs is open now for Fall 2022. Apply here.
- Fall Final Deadline: June 1, 2022
The Off-Campus MSW Program accepts students for the fall (September) semester. Applicants to our Off-Campus MSW Program may request an application fee wavier prior to submitting an application. To request a fee waiver please email firstname.lastname@example.org before the application deadline.
Learn More: Off-Campus MSW Program ∗ Application Portal
Worcester Hybrid Program
The application for our Worcester Hybrid MSW Program is open now for Fall 2022. Apply here.
- Fall Final Deadline: June 1, 2022
The Worcester Hybrid MSW Program accepts students for the fall (September) semester. Applicants to our Worcester Hybrid MSW Program may request an application fee wavier prior to submitting an application. To request a fee waiver please email email@example.com before the application deadline.
Learn More: Worcester Hybrid MSW Program ∗ Application Portal
PhD Application Deadlines
PhD in Social Work
Reapplication (MSW & PhD)
If a student will not be able to complete the MSW or PhD program within the allowed timeframe after previously taking a leave of absence*, or has completely withdrawn from a program and wishes to return, the student must re-apply to the program by completing the full admissions process.
Please indicate on your application that you are re-applying in the “Personal Information” section under the “Other Information” tab. Be sure to upload transcripts indicating any courses taken within BUSSW. Indicate in your personal statement when you last attended.
*MSW students must complete their degree within six years of the start of the program. PhD students must complete their degree within seven years of their start date.