Requirements for Access
In order to conduct research involving animals, researchers must first obtain security access to the specific facility they will need to use. Prior to obtaining access, please complete the following steps:
- Review ROHP requirements for medical clearance and take steps to obtain medical clearance from Research Occupational Health Program ROHP is part of BU R...
- Complete the following online trainings in BioRaft:
- IACUC Orientation
- Working with Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee IACUC oversee...
- BUASC New Researcher Orientation
- Lab Safety Training
- Must be listed on IACUC approved protocol
- After steps 1-3 are completed, submit a Security Access Application to BUASC@bu.edu. Your information will be verified and you will be contacted to set up the appropriate facility tour
- Attend facility tour(s)
- Access will be granted within 48 hours following confirmation of tour completion
Please note access WILL NOT be granted unless all steps listed above have been completed. If you submit a security access application before steps 1-3 are completed, you will not be granted access to the facility or permitted to attend a tour until they have been completed.
Charles River Campus (CRC) specifics
- Complete the access requirements explained in “Access to ASC Facilities” above.
- ASC processes security access for the animal facilities and animal rooms ONLY.