Zvi BodieProfessor Emeritus, Finance
Zvi Bodie is the Norman and Adele Barron Professor of Management at Boston University until 2015 when he retired.
He holds a PhD from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and has served on the finance faculty at the Harvard Business School and MIT's Sloan School of Management. His textbook, Investments, coauthored by Alex Kane and Alan Marcus is the market leader and is used in the certification programs of the CFA Institute and the Society of Actuaries. In 2007 the Retirement Income Industry Association gave him their Lifetime Achievement Award for applied research.
- PhD, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1975
- MA, Hebrew University, 1970
- BA, Brooklyn College, 1965
- Bodie, Z., Briere, M. (2014). "“Sovereign Wealth and Risk Management: A Framework for Optimal Asset Allocation of Sovereign Wealth”", Journal of Investment Management, 12 (1)
- Bodie, Z., Barnes, M., Triest, R., Wang, C. (2010). "A Tips Scorecard: Are They Accomplishing Their Objectives?", Financial Analysts Journal, 66 (5), 68-84
- Bodie, Z. (2008). "Contingent Claims Analysis and Life Cycle Finance", American Economic Review, 98 (2), 291-296
- 2015, Harry M. Markowitz Award, Journal of Investment Management
- 2013, Markowitz Special Distinction Award, Journal of Investment Management
- Social Science Research Network
- Zvi Bodie