George Sherman Union
GSU Metcalf Hall
775 Commonwealth Avenue
Boston, MA 02215
Located in the center of campus, the George Sherman Union (GSU) is not only the student center, but the premier central campus events facility. Offering spaces for all types of event programming—from large conferences with plenary and breakout sessions, to banquet dinners and awards ceremonies, to lectures and meetings—the options are endless at the GSU.
- Metcalf Hall’s 12,000 square feet can be used alone in conjunction with other event spaces in the building. The ballroom has integrated media and sound systems to support all your event needs. A retractable air wall divides Metcalf Hall into two spaces for smaller events.
- The Ziskind Lounge is a 7,000 square foot space overlooking the Charles River. When weather permits, an adjoining terrace is available. The Ziskind Lounge can be used as a reception or exhibition space for events held in Metcalf Hall.
- The Conference Auditorium can seat 260 people and has an in-house media support system.
- Smaller event spaces include the Terrace Lounge (1,400 square feet) and the East Balcony (2,300 square feet). Both are appropriate as break-out rooms for a larger event in Metcalf Hall.
- Several small conference rooms are available on the third floor.
- Newly renovated in 2021, the GSU Food Hall on the first floor features several eateries with exceptional value and phenomenal taste. Mobile and on-site ordering, and convenient pick-up options are available to campus guests.
- See 360° views of Metcalf Hall and the Terrace Lounge.
Convenient & Reasonable Parking
Close to Public Transportation
Learn more about the on-campus services available to support your event.
GSU Terrace Lounge