Welcome to BU-London Library
The library space at BU London will provide you with a comfortable and welcoming environment in which to study, or if you want to read for pleasure or browse the web for entertainment. Our collections include a broad range of contemporary and classic novels, plus a wide array of non-fiction titles across a range of subjects, from psychology through to painting and photography, and everything in between.
If you don’t wish to carry your laptop around, we have a number of PCs available to use, plus printing and scanning facilities within the library space, and of course wifi is available throughout.
Our staff are here to assist you during your time in London, and to ensure you get the most out of the amazing array of resources for your subject areas, so please do speak to us if you have any questions at all. You can pop in and see us, or:
Phone: 0207 244 2928
Resource and Help Guides
BU libraries are incredibly well resourced. The electronic collections are truly world-class, giving you access to outputs and content from some of the best minds in their field; cutting edge research; influential and insightful opinions on a topic or issue, and an astounding array of resources in every medium.
When you have such an abundance of riches how do you ensure you’re not missing anything, and how do you navigate such collections? This is where our resource and help guides come in.
We created the guides to help you quickly connect with some of the best resources for your subject areas. They’ll highlight resources you may not have been aware of, and save you hours of searching in the process. They also contain links out to some very useful third-party resources designed to enhance your studies.
To access the guides click into the link below. This will take you to the landing page for the series of guides available to you. Once in the guides navigate to your subject areas from the tabs at the top of the page. You can also access the guides through your Blackboard course spaces.
Set Texts for London Internship Programme
Many of your modules have set texts attached to them – these are essential reading for your studies. In this section is the Book List detailing the texts you need, which you can access by clicking the following link:
Box of Broadcasts (BoB)
Box of Broadcasts – or BoB for short – is a unique resource, and unique to the London Programmes.
This is a UK-based television/radio archive and streaming service, which covers all UK terrestrial channels. It’s records go back to the early 1990s, so the breadth of content is vast, and it is constantly updated each day as programmes are broadcast.
The first time you use the service you will need to register using your BU.edu email, and this is a very quick process. You can find full instructions on using BoB in the Resource and Help Guides described above.
The benefits of this service are:
- Programmes can be booked in advance of being aired, and are then emailed to you when ready to view.
- Create playlists of broadcasts.
- Edit broadcasts into clips and create playlists of these.
- Easily share and/or embed broadcasts and playlists into presentations and similar.
To access BoB:
- Visit: Learning on Screen
- When prompted type Boston University into the box (this will appear as you type)
- Sign in from here using your bu.edu credentials (email and password)
Due to the licence BoB operates under, access is restricted to the UK only.
- Library Catalogue
- This is the London specific version of the main BU library catalogue, where you can discover books in the BU London collection.
- BU Library Online Resources
- You have access to the full range of BU e-resources when here in London, including subject and research guides.
- Wireless Printing Instructions
- In the library you can print directly from your device – these instructions show you how to do this.
Library Opening Hours
Monday to Friday: 08:30 to 18:00
Closed Saturday and Sundays