Using Library Databases and Journals
- I want to read journals online from my office/home. How do I find out what is available?
Go to the eJournals page.
- To which business databases does the library subscribe?
Visit the Business Databases A-Z page.
- I’m having trouble connecting to the library’s databases.
Contact Pardee Reference at (617) 353-4304 or check the Help page
- Where can I find a complete list of all currently available databases?
Go to the Mugar Library Databases page.
Making Library Resources Available to Students
- How do I create links to electronic readings using library databases?
To make online resources available to students through Questrom Tools, please consult Questrom Tech Help.
- How do I create a persistent or permanent URL to help direct my students to articles or course readings?
Follow the instructions from Questrom Tech Help if you wish to add persistent links to Questrom Tools. A list of Pardee Library databases with persistent link capabilities is available here.
- How could I arrange for a librarian to come into my classroom and explain the use of library databases to my students?
Contact Kathleen Berger at email@example.com, tel.: 617-353-4312.
For more information, consult the Reference Services page.
- How do I place materials on Reserve in the library for my students?
Fill out an online form on the Course Reserves page.
- The library doesn’t own what I want my students to read. How do I suggest a rush Reserve request?
Go to the Purchase Recommendations page.
Books, Borrowing Privileges and Photocopying Services
- How do I obtain articles and books the library doesn’t own for my research?
Go to Interlibrary Borrowing to review your options.
- How may I renew my library materials?
You may log in to your library account at any time using your BU login name and Kerberos password to review your library account, check the due dates of any material you have charged out, and renew materials yourself before they are due. You will not be able to use the self-renewal option if the item has been recalled by another patron, or if your record is blocked for any reason.
- May my assistant check out books for me on my BU Faculty/Staff ID Card?
Yes. We need a written letter from you on letterhead. State who the assistant is, that person’s BU ID number, and the time period for this special arrangement. We will need (1) the letter, (2) your faculty/staff ID card, (3) the assistant’s ID card. (The applies to books owned by the BU Libraries as well as BU Worldcat Local books received by Mugar Circulation).
- Could someone from the Pardee staff photocopy articles I need from Pardee Library or Mugar?
Requests for articles to be photocopied may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org (be sure to state “Questrom Faculty Photocopy Service” in the note field). For further details on this service, please phone (617) 353-4301 .
For a summary of faculty library services, see the Pardee Library Information for Faculty and Staff document or the Library Resources and Services for Faculty guide.
- Arlyne Jackson, Head, Frederick S. Pardee Management Library
- Brock Edmunds, Assistant Head, Access Services
- (617) 353-4311
- Kathleen Berger, Assistant Head, Information Services
- (617) 353-4312