Using Library Databases and Journals
- How can I see which business databases and eJournals the library has access to?
Visit the Business Databases A-Z page.
- I’m having trouble connecting to the library’s databases.
Contact Pardee Reference at (617) 353-4304 or check the Help page
- Where can I find a complete list of all currently available databases?
Go to the A-Z Databases page.
Making Library Resources Available to Students
For a more detailed listing of library services that are available to faculty, please see the Library Resources and Services for Faculty guide.
- How could I arrange for a librarian to come into my classroom and explain the use of library databases to my students?
Contact Kathleen Berger at email@example.com, tel.: 617-353-4312.
For more information, consult the Reference Services page.
- How do I place course materials on Reserve in the library for my students?
Policies and procedures for course materials (reserves) can be found on the Pardee Library Course Reserves guide. A list of the current Course Reserves for Questrom School of Business classes is included. If you have questions about course materials, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Books, Borrowing Privileges and Photocopying Services
- How do I find out which books the library owns?
Go to BU Library Search
- How do I obtain articles and books the library doesn’t own for my research?
Go to Interlibrary Borrowing to review your options.
- How do I suggest a library purchase ?
Go to the Suggest a Resource page.
- How long may I borrow a book/journal from the Pardee Library?
Go to the Borrowing Privileges and Policies page.
- How may I renew my library materials?
You may log in to your library account at any time using your BU login name and Kerberos password to review your library account, check the due dates of any material you have charged out, and renew materials yourself before they are due. You will not be able to use the self-renewal option if the item has been recalled by another patron, or if your record is blocked for any reason.
- May my assistant check out books for me on my BU Faculty/Staff ID Card?
Yes. We need a written letter from you on letterhead. State who the assistant is, that person’s BU ID number, and the time period for this special arrangement. We will need (1) the letter, (2) your faculty/staff ID card, (3) the assistant’s ID card. (The applies to books owned by the BU Libraries as well as BU Worldcat Local books received by Mugar Circulation).
- Where can I find computers, printers, scanners and copiers?
Go to the Computers & Printing page.