Foreign Purchases and Payments

All foreign payments, including currency conversions, are processed through Accounts Payable.

In general, the preferred method of ordering all goods and services is via a shopping cart using BUworks Central. However, there are certain circumstances where alternate methods of ordering and payment are acceptable to allow efficiency and greater convenience. In cases like these, a Disbursement Request Form can be accessed through the University’s Comptroller website under Accounts Payable.

While most payments to foreign vendors are made via wire or electronic funds transfer, cash advances and/or expense reimbursement for international travel should be handled through the standard travel expense channels. These are described by the Comptroller or Accounts Payable.