You belong at BU.
Welcome to Boston University’s home page for advancement recruiting. We in Development & Alumni Relations (DAR) have built—and are continuing to build—an outstanding team of advancement professionals and supporting staff. Our Strategic Talent Management team is constantly striving to ensure DAR is a great place to work and develop. Recent hires have come from UCLA, Harvard, Mass General Hospital, and New York University, among other places. And we grow our own: more than 50 percent of our open positions are filled by internal staff. But don’t just take our word for it, check out our Voices page to listen to what some of our colleagues have to say.
We’re thinking big.
In 2019 we completed our first-ever comprehensive campaign—and we’re gearing up for the next one. Launched with a goal of $1 billion, that campaign ultimately raised $1.85 billion, while significantly increasing alumni engagement along the way. This was thanks to our dedicated, creative, and diverse staff.
Now with the next campaign on the horizon, we’re setting our sights even higher. And to keep growing, we need to grow our team.
So if you want to work in a place where a sense of humor is welcome and sharp elbows are not,
We need you.
Here’s why you just might need us, too.
- Competitive salaries at every level
- Collaborative, collegial culture across 17 schools and colleges
- Rich training, professional development, and mentoring programs
- Numerous opportunities for internal promotion
- Fun, smart, engaging, and hardworking colleagues
- Innovative Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion programs, with commitment from the top
- Wellness programs and support for work/life integration
- Excellent benefits, including generous tuition remission for staff and family
- And all this at a great private university, at the heart of a dynamic city
Maybe that’s why people who come here, stay here. For more than a decade, our attrition rate has been 10% or less, in an industry that averages 17%. Our employees know:
At BU, you belong.
So, if you want to join a dynamic, mission-driven team in the best college town in the US—consider us. If you want to help us in our ambitious next campaign—and maybe do some of your best work as an advancement professional— join our team.