Graduate Certificate in Information Technology
ON CAMPUS | ONLINE | BLENDED
This certificate provides students with hands-on experience in various aspects of software design and implementation, and comprehensive knowledge about the state-of-the-art in information technology. Reports and surveys from the industry reveal that the business world today wants graduates with good technical skills . This certificate should be able to produce graduates that meet the following needs of the business world:
- Broad business perspective, and business experience/skills
- Systems/IS skills, including hardware and software programming skills
- Communication/interpersonal/ team skills
- Analytical and thinking skills
- Cutting-edge technology knowledge in areas of systems analysis, web technology, data communications and database systems.
Students graduating with this certificate should be able to assist an organization deal with major Information Systems challenges such as:
- Assess the different information needs of different organizational levels within an organization.
- Design or fully participate in designing systems for an organization that are both competitive and efficient.
- Create an Information Systems architecture that aligns with the organization’s goals.
- Design systems that people can control, understand, and use in a socially and ethically responsible manner.
- Four courses/16 credits
- Requirements can be fully completed part time on campus, online or, in the blended format. Requirements can be completed on campus on a full time basis in the Fall or Spring semesters. Contact the Department for further details at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A minimum passing grade for a course in the graduate program is a C (2.0) but an average grade of B (3.0) must be maintained to be in good academic standing and to be eligible for certificate completion.
(four required courses/16 credits)
Classes are available On Campus, Online and in the Blended format.
A minimum passing grade for a course in the graduate program is a C (2.0) but an average grade of B (3.0) must be maintained to be in good academic standing and to earn the certificate.
Applicants must have an earned Bachelor’s degree, in any field of study, from a regionally accredited college/university (or the international equivalent) prior to enrollment at MET. Applicants are not required to have a degree in Computer Science for entry to a program within our Computer Science department. Upon review of your application, the department will determine if the completion of prerequisite coursework will be required, based on your academic and professional background.
Related Graduate Degree Programs
Students who are fully accepted into this graduate certificate program and complete all of the required courses with a grade of ‘B’ or better are eligible for full or conditional admission (depending on previous academic background) to the following master degree programs, without reapplication: