Pledge of the Computing and Data Science Professional
As a responsible computing and data scientist, I aspire to
- bring algorithms and data-driven software systems to bear on the challenges of our time;
- improve public understanding of computing technologies and their potential for good and ill.
As a practicing professional, I will always strive to
- respect and protect the dignity, privacy, and agency of all users, subjects, or objects of my work;
- recognize and disclose the limitations of my work and seek help from experts as needed;
- submit that knowingly or unknowingly my work may impact lives now and into the future; and
- uphold my moral obligations and use my skills ethically for the public good and wellbeing of all.
With my actions, I pledge to honor my discipline and to pursue my career with the highest level of integrity and competence.