Minor in Computer Engineering
A Minor in Computer Engineering is earned through completion of 20 credits. Twelve credits must be unique to the minor and may not count toward the fulfillment of majors or additional minors. No more than 8 credits can be used to satisfy the student’s major degree program requirements.
- Five courses (20 credits) selected from the list below.
- Students are expected to obtain the necessary background (prerequisites or equivalents) to complete chosen courses in the minor program.
- A minimum 2.00 GPA is required in the courses used to satisfy the minor, with no grade less than a C–.
Students must have a declared major on record in order to apply for the Minor in Computer Engineering, and applications must be approved by the Associate Chair of Electrical & Computer Engineering Undergraduate Programs. Students planning to pursue the minor should apply as early as possible to facilitate course planning and in no case later than May 1 of the junior year.
The following courses may be used to satisfy the requirements of the CE minor:
- ENC EC 311 Introduction to Logic Design
- ENG EC 327 Introduction to Software Engineering
- ENG EC 330 Applied Algorithms for Engineers
- ENG EC 413 Computer Organization
- ENG EC 440 Introduction to Operating Systems
- ENG EC 441 Introduction to Computer Networking
- ENG EC 444 Smart and Connected Systems
- ENG EC 447 Software Design
- ENG EC 504 Advanced Data Structures
- ENG EC 512 Enterprise Client-Server Software Systems Design
- ENG EC 513 Computer Architecture
- ENG EC 521 Cybersecurity
- ENG EC 526 Parallel Programming for High Performance Computing
- ENG EC 527 Higher Performance Programming with Multicore and GPUs
- ENG EC 528 Cloud Computing
- ENG EC 535 Introduction to Embedded Systems
- ENG EC 541 Computer Communication Networks
- ENG EC/ME/SE 544 Networking the Physical World
- ENG EC 551 Advanced Digital Design with Verilog and FPGA
- ENG EC 552 Computational Synthetic Biology for Engineers
- ENG EC 571 Digital VLSI Circuit Design
- Students may select no more than one of the following:
- CAS CS 320 Concepts of Programming Languages
- CAS CS 350 Fundamentals of Computing Systems
- CAS CS 410 Advanced Software Systems
- CAS CS 411 Software Engineering
Please reference the list of duplicate classes when planning your minor.
To apply for the minor, visit the Minor in Computer Engineering page on the College of Engineering website.