We’ve negotiated with popular hardware and software vendors to get great pricing for the BU community. Whether you’re buying for your own personal needs or for your department, you can save time and money by taking advantage of our purchasing services.
Save time and money when you choose one of our recommended systems. All recommended systems come with a warranty, and IS&T is authorized to service them. Departments get additional savings when purchasing Adobe or Microsoft software, and students, faculty, and staff and have access to University-wide software licensing.
- Negotiated prices – we have negotiated with several vendors to give you the best prices.
- Recommended systems – a variety of systems offered have been approved and tested by IS&T.
- Adobe and Microsoft software – great prices for departments.
- Personal purchases require a BU login for the BU Apple or Lenovo Educational Stores.
- Internal Service Requests (ISRs) are required for department purchases.
- Department purchases require a valid BU number, BU email, and BU shipping address.
- For personal computing needs, visit the Personal Sales page.
- Departments must visit the Departmental Sales page to purchase computer hardware or software.
- Contact us if you have questions or need help.
The IT Help Center is an Authorized Apple on Campus program and has a demo center showcasing a selection of Mac and Lenovo systems recommended by Boston University. These vendors offer educational prices through their BU affiliate sites. You may visit our demo center during IT Help Center business hours to view models or Shop Online at any time.
What kind of computer should I buy? Most people use a laptop computer, but the BU community is evenly split across platforms. The IT Help Center fully supports both Microsoft Windows and the Mac OS. Unless your academic program has specified otherwise, we recommend that you simply purchase the computer you are most comfortable using.
Personal Purchases for Faculty and Staff
BU Sourcing & Procurement offers web-based catalogs for buying computers, software, and peripherals. This service gives departments a wide range of products and excellent pricing. To begin the purchasing process for your department, visit Sourcing and Procurement. (NOTE: Purchases made for the Medical Campus should follow the recommendations outlined on the BUMC website.)
The IT Help Center fills Adobe and Microsoft software orders for University departments, as described at http://www.bu.edu/tech/support/purchase/departmental/.