Available to: Students, Alumni (starting with the class of 2010), and Unregistered or Withdrawn students for up to three years
Cost: No charge
- See Getting Started, below.
The Student Link enables students to view their personal, academic, financial and other information relevant to their studies at Boston University. As a student, you can register for classes, pay your bills, buy Convenience Points, and maintain your personal information. You can also sponsor ShareLink login accounts to provide parents, employers, and other interested third parties secure access to view your academic and financial information — you specify the information available to each party and control the duration of access. Some information in the Student Link, such as the University Class Schedule, is publicly viewable; all student record information requires authentication (BU login).
The Student Link reduces dependence on manual and administrative procedures and personnel, and increases students’ control over access to their student record. As a central self-service on the Web it gives access from anywhere there is an Internet connection at anytime.
- Provides real-time information about class availability, schedules, grades, student status, financial matters, and more
- Allows you to maintain personal information, in compliance with regulations
- Allows you to control access to your records and share information with advisers, parents, employers
- Public functions are available to anyone with a BU login name and Kerberos password.
- Restricted functions, e.g., enrollment status, housing status, etc., are presented according to criteria specified by the function sponsor.
- Visit the Student Link
- Individual functions within the Student Link are supported by staff of the sponsoring department. For example, Student Accounting related inquiries are handled by the Student Accounts office; links or a contact form within the respective function of the portal direct you to the appropriate contacts.
- Requests by academic/business units to add functionality to the Student Link can be made by contacting us.
- Technical problems experienced while using this service can be reported through the Help Form.