- Beginning with the class of 2012, Boston University alumni have on-going access to their account hosted on BU Google Apps after graduation. As needed, you can opt to configure forwarding within BU Google Apps to an external email account. Alternatively, you can use the Email Forwarding System to set up firstname.lastname@example.org as an address that forwards to an external email account.
- Alumni from the classes of 2010 and 2011 may not have been transitioned to a BU Google Apps account automatically, but are welcome to submit a Help request to have one set up. Alternatively, if you would like to configure the forwarding of email@example.com to an external email account, you can do so through the Email Forwarding System.
- All other alumni will need to set up an Alumni Online Community account and password in order to obtain an Email Forwarding address. The account you create through this registration process will provide you with an firstname.lastname@example.org address that you will configure to forward to an external e-mail address. Details are provided at the Alumni Online Community site.
Using the Alumni Online Community
All alums have access to the Alumni Online Community.
- Beginning with the class of 2010, alumni will simply be able to log in to the Alumni Online Community with their BU login name and Kerberos password.
- Alumni from previous classes will first need to register in order to set up an Alumni Online Community account and password. As described above, the account you created also forms the E-mail Forwarding address of email@example.com. Registration details are provided at the Alumni Online Community site.