Wired Network Access
Wired (Ethernet) access to the BU campus network is widely available across campus. If you are unable to use the wireless network, there are thousands of network ports available with which you can make a wired network connection.
- Connection requires a standard 10BaseT Ethernet cable, available from most computer stores and from the IT Help Center.
- Those living in the residences must register their computers in NetReg.
Plug your Ethernet cable into any active Ethernet wall jack and the corresponding port on your computer.
- If you are in a non-residence location, your network access should simply begin working.
- If you are in a residence, you will be prompted to register your computer through the NetReg process before your connection will work.
- If you experience any problems, please review our troubleshooting instructions.