#3, Best Online Graduate Computer Information Technology Programs (U.S. News & World Report 2015).
The Master of Science in Computer Information Systems concentration in Database Management & Business Intelligence provides students with:
- The tools to utilize the vast amounts of information provided by large data groups
- The skills to integrate information technology with business problems and opportunities
- A thorough understanding of technological issues in addition to business concepts and fundamentals
Students who complete the Computer Information Systems masterís degree concentration in Database Management & Business Intelligence will be able to demonstrate:
- Advanced knowledge in the analysis and documentation of requirements for architecture, design, and implementation of computer applications systems.
- Proficiency in software and computing skills as they pertain to the design and implementation of database systems, data communications, systems analysis, and design.
- Competence sufficient to identify current and emerging information technologies that may have strategic value for enterprise; assess where those technologies have value; and manage the implementation of those technologies in the enterprise.
- Advanced knowledge of database modeling and design, database implementation, distributed databases, object-oriented and object-relational databases, and databases for web applications, as well as typical data mining methods.
- Proficiency in the design, implementation, performance tuning of different types of databases, and in performing data mining tasks on various types of data.
- Competence sufficient to participate in the design and implementation of large, distributed database systems and business intelligence systems.
Students must complete the six core online Master of Science in Computer Information Systems core courses in addition to the three Concentration in Database Management & Business Intelligence required courses and one additional course.
Please complete this form to receive more information about your program of interest, application deadlines, as well as opportunities to attend online information sessions (webinars).