BUjewish Leadership Team (BLT)
The BU Jewish Leadership Team is an umbrella of 160 leaders that incubate and create diverse Jewish life across Boston University. There are 8 main tracks that students immerse within. Each BLTer partners with a BU Hillel staff mentor to dream big, and explore their identity, community, and world around them. Any BU student is welcomed to participate, join, or check out any of the initiatives below.
To get involved in any of the initiatives, just email the student in charge! Interested in piloting a new initiative? Apply here.
Check out our application for internships and fellowships for the 2020-2021 school year! Apply here.
Best news: Not only do you have access to mentorship and funding, but BLT exclusive events, too! Hangout with the student leaders incubating Jewish life at BU. This past year student leaders gathered at:
- FREE professional headshot
– Spring 2019
- Free Nachos at Sunset Cantina (pool, food, games) – Fall 2019
Better news: Being part of the BU Jewish Leadership Team is more than just telling you – you get to be part of a 100+ student leader community that actually communicates, shares ideas, and hangs out.
Good news: You get a staff mentor, helping you pursue your passions and dreams. You have access to funding, our building, our marketing resources, and much more.
Program Guide: To submit a program guide, click here.
Marketing Request: To submit a marketing request, click here.
“Being involved with BLT gave me the space to interact and engage with a Jewish community at my school that is as interested in getting involved with the greater Jewish community at BU as I am. Such an opportunity strengthened my sense of Judaism, especially at school, as it gave me a greater connection to the Jewish presence on campus” – Tess Ravick, ’22
Over the past two years, we have:
- Networked with the founder of DAVIDsTEA, David Segal and NFL Network chief correspondent, Andrea Kremer
- Discussed the memory of the Holocaust with 7 survivors in 7 living rooms across campus with 200 participants
- Raised $800 for the Greater Boston Food Bank by baking and selling Challahs
- Raised $200 for Save a Child’s Heart by running a bubble soccer tournament
- Brought together students from across the political spectrum to hear former U.S. Amb. to the Middle East, Dennis Ross speak.
- Led 12 students on an ASB trip to South Africa
- Relaxed in the lounge to play Super Smash Brothers and watch some Boston Sports with Wings
Emma Lorsch has served as BU Hillel’s Springboard Innovation Fellow since July 2019. Email Emma anytime at email@example.com.
What is the BLT?
The BLT is the BU Jewish Leadership Team. If you are interested in taking on any kind of leadership role at Hillel– big or small– you can fill out this form and we will reach out to you with the next steps, which will include a staff mentor to help you get started!
Am I Jewish enough to be in the BLT?
Yes! Yes! Yes! The beauty of the BLT is that our leaders are meant to represent ALL Jewish students. Whether you went to Hebrew school (and found it terribly boring, or loved it), grew up in Israel, found out you were Jewish yesterday, love bagels, have never been to synagogue, celebrate shabbat, or are simply curious about Judaism you are welcome to join the BLT!
Who do I contact if I have questions about the BLT?
Reach out to Emma Lorsch at firstname.lastname@example.org, and she can answer any questions you may have about the BLT! She would love to take you out for coffee or froyo and get to know you better!