- To qualify for a Fall 2016 grant your trip must begin after April 15, 2016, and end within a year of receiving the award. Travel must be outside the Boston area.
- Deadline to apply for Fall 2016 Travel Grants: Friday, April 15, 2016, 11:59 PM
- To qualify, your department/program must attend three of the four meetings during the semester of the current grant cycle.
- Who is eligible: Any graduate student in GRS from a department represented at 3 or more GSO meetings in Spring 2016. Anyone from your department can represent your department at a meeting, even you. Check your department’s attendence for Spring 2016 here.
- (Update 3/31) There is only one more meeting this semester. If you department has been to fewer than two meetings, you are ineligible for travel grants this semester. If you department has been to 2 meetings, make sure that someone (even you) is there to represent your department for the last meeting on 4/19.
The GSO is now sponsoring two types of travel awards:
Presentation Grant: For students planning on directly participating in a conference or research forum by presenting a paper or poster, participating in a discussion panel, or chairing a discussion or paper session. Five presentation travel grants of up to $500 are awarded in the fall and spring semesters each year. Reimbursement occurs after completion of travel. Click here for an application. Application instructions.
Research Grant: For students planning to visit an archive, attend a training workshop, or use a research facility. Two research travel grants of up to $500 are awarded in the fall and spring semesters each year. Reimbursement occurs after completion of travel. Click here for an application.
Applications must be emailed as a word document to the GSO at email@example.com. Applicants who submit via email will receive email confirmation of receipt. PLEASE DO NOT send applications via USPS or campus mail, as applications received by these methods will not be considered.