The GSO is happy to announce that the Spring Semester 2019 travel grant deadline is April 1, 2019.
- To qualify for a grant, your trip must begin after April 1, 2019, and end within a year of receiving the award. Travel must be outside the Boston area.
- Deadline to apply for a grant: Monday, April 1, 2019 11:59 PM
- Who is eligible: Any PhD student in GRS from a department represented at 3 or more GSO meetings in Spring 2019.
- MA students are not eligible to receive a travel grant.
- Preference is given to PhD students in their second year and later.
- If you have received a travel grant, you are not eligible to receive one until the next grant cycle. The cycle consists of three dates: December 1, April 1, August 1. So, for example, if you received a grant in December 2016, you are not eligible to receive another until December 2017, when the new cycle begins.
- To determine if your department is eligible for travel grants, click here.
The GSO is now sponsoring two types of travel awards:
Presentation Grant: For students planning on directly participating in a conference or research forum by presenting a paper or poster, participating in a discussion panel, or chairing a discussion or paper session. Five presentation travel grants of up to $500 are awarded in the fall and spring semesters each year. Reimbursement occurs after completion of travel. Click Here for an application.
Research Grant: For students planning to visit an archive, attend a training workshop, or use a research facility. Two research travel grants of up to $500 are awarded in the fall and spring semesters each year. Reimbursement occurs after completion of travel. Click Here for an application.
56 grants are offered annually: ~46 presentation grants and ~10 research grants.
There are three application deadlines: December 1st, April 1st, August 1st.
Applications must be emailed as a word document to the GSO at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in getting involved with the Travel Grant committee, contact email@example.com