System Software Engineer
Apply for this job: Your application choices are:
- Apply for this job online
If you would like to include a cover letter, please be sure combine your cover letter and resume into one document.
More information about this job: Overview:
About the Job
The Application Acceleration and Delivery space is thriving and Akamai is growing with it! We’re looking for top-notch engineers to design and create IP application acceleration software in a fast paced and ambitious development environment. As a member of the IP Application Acceleration Engineering team, you will design, develop, and analyze systems focused on network, transport, and application acceleration. Our globally distributed platform is built for 24×7, real-time, fault tolerant operation, presenting unique challenges and requires creative yet sound development and design decisions.
About the Team
You will be an integral part of a highly skilled team of engineers responsible for the design and development of Akamai’s IP Application Acceleration product line. Share in the experience and breadth of knowledge that can only come from managing a global deployment of 50,000+ servers in 1,000+ networks. Akamai’s team of engineers has time and again developed unique solutions to complex problems and routinely surpassed fundamental limitations of traditional networking. Our technology is changing the rules of the game and challenging traditional thinking in a rapidly growing and very exciting market.
* Design and develop software for Akamai’s IP Application Acceleration platform.
* Collaborate and innovate software solutions for complex and interwoven sets of problems.
* Learn about existing Akamai technologies and apply them to system design.
* Develop unit tests and tools to support rapid development.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
* 2+ years of C/C++ development experience on Linux/Unix platforms.
* Skilled in TCP/IP networking, multithreading and server development.
* Understanding of common Internet protocols (IP, TCP, SSL/TLS, HTTP, DNS, etc).
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Self motivated and ability to make solid independent technical decisions.
* Desire to work in a fast-paced, results orientated team environment.
* Experience developing scalable software for large transactional and/or distributed systems.
* Experience incorporating secure communication and authentication methods.
* Ability to design and build new software features from the ground up; experienced complete development cycles as an individual and in team environments.
* Is relocation available for this position: No
* Is US Citizenship required: No
* Is a Security Clearance Required: No
If yes, applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation & must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
About Akamai: No one carries more of the world’s Web traffic than Akamai, so working with Akamai means you’re helping some of the world’s best known brands succeed in bringing any experience to any device, anywhere. Cloud computing, SaaS, eCommerce, online entertainment and dynamic personalized experiences are all fueled by Akamai technology. Join Akamai and you join a culture that’s extremely intelligent, strongly supportive and passionately committed to delivering world-class solutions. Some of the best minds in business, mathematics, and engineering work at Akamai – leading, learning and shaping the future of the Internet.
If you’re excited by Akamai and would like to help change the online landscape please apply. No time to apply? Join our Talent Community.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer (M/F/D/V) that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace.