Welcome to Post Award Financial Operations
Post Award Financial Operations works closely with the University’s research community to provide seamless processes from pre-award to post-award activities while ensuring compliance and consistency with overall fiscal management. PAFO’s responsibilities include the research accounting and financial management functions, time and effort certifications, indirect cost rate calculation and negotiations, service center administration, property management, coordination of the annual OMB Circular A-133 audit and periodic agency audits, the creation and implementation of related policies and business processes, and oversight of systems and training.
Latest News and Announcements:
- Personnel Activity Reports (PARs) for Professionals and Non Professionals for period ending 6/30/2013 were sent to Effort Coordinators on Monday, August 12, 2013. All PARs are due back to PAFO/Effort Reporting by Friday, October 11, 2013. If you are expecting a PAR and did not receive one, please contact Effort Reporting at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- As a reminder, the NIH salary cap remains at $179,700 effective January 1, 2013. Any employee charged to a NIH award earning compensation at a rate exceeding the Cap should have cost sharing listed on their PAR to show his/her full effort. Refer to the CAP Worksheet to assist you in calculating the cost share percent.
- OSP and PAFO continue to hold quarterly DA Forums. Agendas, meeting minutes and handouts can be found here for all previous meetings.
- In conjunction with the Department of Medicine, PAFO created a Clinical Trial Billing Template. Departments who require milestone billing to be completed by the CT Research Administrator should fill out this form and submit to PAFO accordingly.
- New Fringe Benefit rates went into affect 7/1/2013. Please refer to the Fringe Benefit Rate page for a listing of the the most recent rates.