Graduate Application FAQs
- Can I apply online? Where do I find the online application?
Our application is conveniently available online via the Graduate School of Arts & Sciences website. When creating your account, please be sure to use a permanent, non-school related email address. You will be contacted through the email address you use to create the account, and correspondence may occur after your access to a school-related email account is disabled.
- What are the deadlines for applications?
January 5, 2019 for Fall admission (MA & PhD)
October 15, 2018 for Spring 2019 (MA only, no aid available)
- What are the requirements for admission?
- What type of funding is available for graduate students?
To learn more about funding availability, see our most recent graduate admissions document, which can be found online here.
- Are interviews required?
While interviews are not required, they are recommended, particularly for applicants to the PhD program. Doctoral applicants planning to visit the campus should contact the specialist in the proposed field of study to arrange an interview. Those applicants, as well as applicants to the MA program, should contact Professor Jonathan Ribner if planning to visit the campus. The program does not provide campus tours.
- Who should I contact if I have any further questions specific to HAA MA and PhD programs?
All graduate admissions and funding questions should be directed to Professor Jonathan Ribner.